Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 142/194 - CHP Hats!

Tuesday, Week 21!
Kev got his CHP hat yesterday!! That was probably the most exciting thing he told me on the phone yesterday and yet it was so nonchalant. Kev can be that way sometimes, very calm and casual about things. Having the hat is SO exciting, and it will be sitting up in his locker until graduation day! Then after that I know I am going to have to pry it off his head. He would wear it to cook me breakfast if I let him. That is literally his favorite part of the CHP uniform and I know he is going to want to wear it all the time ;)

Other than the hat, here is how Tuesday went...

- Boxing practice in the morning
- 4 hours of in-class vehicle code, writing tickets and learning more about violations
- Range and rifle work, some shooting while laying on the ground so he had a lot of brass cleaning to do later
- It was so hot in Sac that when he put his gun down during range to let the next set of cadets shoot, it was scorching hot when he went to pick it back up again
- Dinner, followed by more report writing until about 9 or 9:30pm
- Unfortunately, they lost 3 more cadets to pistol qualifications yesterday, it was their final attempt and they couldn't shoot around a barrier. I believe they should be able to come back when the Junior class gets to about week 20.
-109 cadets are left in the class, they started with 131
- We ended the night on the phone with each other until we both fell asleep

Coming up there is a felony stop scenario test for Kev's company on Thursday, so that is the one thing to anticipate this week. The other company took the test already and I believe Kev said everyone passed.

That's about it! It's a busy week for me at the office so I have to get back to work, but I am missing my man so much this week! I sent him a letter on Monday, so it should get to him today (Wednesday) :) In the meantime, the flowers he brought me when he came home last Friday are still holding up and look beautiful. I hope they last me until he gets back!

My favorite color roses from Kev <3

- Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment