Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 136/194

Wednesday, Week 20!
The week is finally moving along! Work has been crazy for me this week, so the days have been long and slow. My start up company is in the midst of a 'turn around' and just had another layoff of 100+ employees among other changes and 'offers' for those remaining. If you are at all familiar with San Francisco start ups you can likely guess where I work. It has been stressful, so I am thankful for Kev listening to me all week about work.

In Academy life, the cadets started Spanish this week and are currently practicing the alphabet and numbers. They also had fountain practice and no PT, which was nice for a change on a Wednesday morning. Kev isn't sure about the new PT schedule, it may be Monday, Thursday, Friday with one boxing day rather than PT or just two days a week. I'm not sure why the confusion, but both options sounds nice compared to 3 days of running and mat workouts in the gym. Kev says the fountain ceremony is improving too and their coordinated pivots which they originally struggled with are getting a lot better as well. Around lunch, Kev said a few Officers were at the Academy for training and he was able to talk with some of them before class. He seemed to really enjoy the conversation and it made him excited about what is to come. After lunch, the cadets practiced vehicle code ticket writing before calling it a day. He text me around 5:30pm yesterday when he was off. He said his roommates were all out for liberty so he took his time in the shower and in his room by himself for once. It is rare he is in there alone. Then he grabbed some dinner and surprisingly didn't run into anyone either. I think he enjoyed his little solo evening.

We also probably talked on the phone about 5 times yesterday. We talk all the time in between his studies, shining or staring at the top of his bunk ;) I remember being so scared I would never talk to him and sometimes we talk so much now, I'm forced to watch episodes of the Bachelorette in fourths! Oh, the sacrifices I make for him. If your boyfriend or husband is going to the Academy, don't worry they will have time for you. I truly believe it is the person you are with that depicts the Academy experience for loved ones at home.

58 more days!

- Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment