Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 8/194 - Start of week 2

Monday, Week 2!
The fact that Kev is going to be at the academy for a long time keeps becoming more and more real. It's been a little lonely trying to manage my time and not being able to talk to Kev throughout the day. However, work has been really busy and I have a little extra motivation lately. Telling Kev to give the academy all he's got definitely has me re-evaluating the effort I give in certain areas of my life and I am trying a little harder lately too. I also ordered two books I am excited to read, "Cadet Blues" and "CHiP on my Shoulder". I have read good things about them, so it should be a fun and relevant read while Kev is away.

Last week the cadets were issued their penal code and vehicle code books which is what Kev was studying over the weekend. I got to talk to Kev last night (Monday, Week 2) a little after 9 pm. The cadets were in training from 7 am - 9 pm yesterday. Kev says they woke up and went to the auditorium. He says the staff officers ran everyone in for paperwork in the midst of blaring horns and sirens, while yelling at them. He said it definitely added pressure when completing the forms and if you messed up, you had to stand up and explain the mistake you made to the staff officer and request a new form. A few people made mistakes, so the class was forced to go outside and do push ups on the grass. 

Kev also received his blues yesterday but the people who fitted him issued him a medium when he typically wears a large. He said the medium is too small which means he has to exchange the shirts one at a time since it takes up to 2 weeks to receive them back. Surprisingly, he isn't too stressed about the whole dilemma and knows what he needs to do to take care of it. He is also really excited because they received their hand cuffs and batons too! 

That's about all I got out of him yesterday because he had to take care of some things and I came down with a little cold so I had to get to sleep. I actually think I got the cold from Kev over the weekend because he had a pretty bad cough too. He is still a little sick, but thankfully PT hasn't started yet. The pace at the academy should really pick up as the cadets become inculcated into the CHP culture.  We just have to stay focused on the goal ahead and all the wins along the way:)





No comments:

Post a Comment