Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 4

Thursday, Day 4, Week 1!
This is a s l o w week.It has been such a rough week for me at home and I really can't wait to see Kev tomorrow. I got another text this morning and he called me around 8:15 last night when he got back to his room and read my text about my grandma. He locks his phone in his closet/locker until he returns to his room in the evening. We have been able to text every morning and talk every night so far.  Last night we talked for over an hour. As usual, he was so sweet and caring. He made sure I was okay and then picked up my spirits by telling me a little about his day too. Surprisingly he already sounded more natural with his roommates around. When I mentioned something, he said they have gotten much closer in just a couple days. One of his roommates is married and the other is engaged, so Kev says they talk on the phone at night too. I'm sure if they aren't being sweet on the phone, their ladies won't be too happy either, so I'm glad the guys figured things out.

Anyhow, Kev says they are still learning about stress management in class from about 6 am - 8 pm. He also said they have about 15 minutes to eat and during breakfast they were advised to mix their yogurt with their oatmeal to eat it faster if it was too hot. He says the food isn't bad at all. Kev has a sweet tooth though, so he said he finally caved and had a piece of the sheet cake they have in the cafeteria. He said it was so gross and salty. He is enjoying learning about stress management and says next week is supposed to be when the 'real' academy starts, aka. the yelling and longer, harder days. He seems to be excited for it though. He says the officers in class told them they have a lot of open positions across the state and therefore they really need the cadets to push through so they can become officers and fill the need. That's why this week has been entirely dedicated to learning about stress management and opening the cadet's minds to the reason for the authoritative environment and high performance expectations of the academy. 

Kev says they technically have liberty all week and can leave after class hours, but no-one is leaving since they aren't quite sure how it works. However, he gets to leave at 2 pm (not 12) tomorrow for the weekend. His family and I can't wait to see him! I can't wait for more stories when it's just us. Talking on the phone is interesting when I ask him more personal questions or questions about his roommates, For now, I'll ask the question and then give a couple options until he says yes. Anyhow, I need to finish up some work and then I'm heading to the gym with a friend tonight. I'm just trying to keep my head up this week. I'll let you know if Kev has any new updates tonight when I post tomorrow, but sounds like the exciting stuff will all be next week.

- Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment