Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Last night was the end of Kev's long work week... sort of. He was supposed to be done at around 6:30am but that is never usually the case. He is currently still at the office wrapping up paperwork. Whenever something happens, there is a lot of paperwork to do. Sunday was my birthday, and he didn't get home until about 10:30am before showering and crashing into bed. Then, before I knew it he was up getting ready to leave for another shift. My birthday celebration with my boyfriend is currently on hold. I expected this week to be tough for us though. He finally has a night off tonight, but then another full week ahead. Phase two is almost over though! I'm praying that we get a better shift for phase 3 but I'm guessing he might get swings next (12pm - 10pm). I would technically still miss him during the day with that shift too, but at least he would get into bed with me for a little while at the end of the night. Graves weren't too bad initially, however a few schedule changes left us with a lot of consecutive shifts after we had a few days off.

Halloween weekend was everything we expected and more. Kev's stories were crazy! Thus, the paperworkkkkk. He is experiencing so many "firsts". It's a little unnerving to hear some of the stories  though but I trust that Kev is careful. Lately, he has been coming home with so much excitement and adrenaline. He loves his job. There is definitely adrenaline followed by a significant crash though. It really is an adjustment for us both. I miss him a lot lately too.

I'm looking forward to a cozy night in and maybe a scary movie with him tonight. I can't wait!

- Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment