Monday, August 22, 2016

Starting break-in & what now

Hola! We had an amazing grad party last Saturday before taking off Sunday morning for four days in Cabo San Lucas! Four uninterrupted, perfect days with my Officer! Kev and I had a blast and soaked up every moment of the sun and beach together. I told him no Spanish though since all he knows is how to arrest someone ;) "Cruzar sus dedos detras de la cabeza" may not go so well when we are offered a painted turtle or blanket on the beach. So we just stuck with a couple Coronas, snorkeling, and adventuring while I checked out my hot man, buffed up from 6 months of PT and pushups by my side! It was the perfect transition from Academy to coming home.

So what now?

Well, last night was the first Sunday Kev didn't have to leave home to head back to the Academy! He shined his boots and brass while I cooked us dinner and we got to bed early for his big day!

Day 1.

Kev started the first day of his career as an Officer today and officially began break-in! I considered printing and deleting the blog when Kev completed the Academy, but I'm still not sure what my plan is right now. However, I do think it's time to even out the keel and focus a little more energy on my personal career now too. Now that Kev is an Officer, I'm not going to write about his day to day but I do plan to keep you posted on FTO and life with a LEO from a girlfriend's perspective. We live together now too :)  Some have said break-in is worse than the Academy, but as I said about the Academy experience - your experience is a reflection of the person you share it with! Im looking forward to the stories, lessons, and challenges our new beginning will offer. I'll try to check in for lessons learned and to shed light on break-in from a home-life perspective.

Thank you to everyone who read this blog and followed us along the way. Good luck to those of you who chose to apply to the Academy or are current cadets pushing through the seemingly long days. There is a beautiful and noble future awaiting you! The days are long, the weeks are fast and before you know it, it's over. It gets better and believe it or not, you might just look back and miss it. If you want it, you can do it.

Don't dream your life, live your dream. 






Dedicated to my grandma, Bobbie. She would have loved to have read this everyday, hear our stories and take a seat with us on graduation day. She always loved law enforcement and the military and believed in their good nature and selfless service. You are missed everyday and I know you will always be an angel watching over Kev and I <3

No comments:

Post a Comment